We’re just finishing our 32nd year in Gainesville. Wow! Hard to believe that we’ve been here for what sounds like forever. It has been quite wonderful, but challenging, to keep the store up to your expectations. We hope we have succeeded and are looking forward to “carrying on”.
We have lots of beautiful yarn to knit and crochet and new bags to put it all in. There are new needlepoint canvases to enjoy. Let us show you some fabulous fibers to enhance your piece and your working pleasure. There is a lot of enjoyment in handwork and you should have fun doing it.
We have a lot of needlepoint, handpainted by the finest painters, along with wonderful fibers, to make your stitching a pleasure.
We carry yarns from Plymouth, Berroco, Cascade, Malabrigo, Trendsetter, Zen Yarn Garden, Frabjous Fibers, Universal and many other specialty companies.
We have fiber for spinning that is hand dyed locally and some from indie dyers and commercial dyers. There are wool, wool blends, and a wonderful nylon "faux cashmere" that feels very much like real cashmere but spins like silk.
Weeks ago we picked Thursday, April 2, as possible day to reopen but now with the quarantine still in effect we are not planning a date. We will “play it by ear” as everyone else is doing and hopefully, we will get there sooner than we think. I know how difficult it is not to be able to go out and about but you can dig through your stash and create something wonderful. Check out Ravelry for ideas. You, our customers are very important to us. Without you, we wouldn't be here. We will keep in touch. Subscribe to our email newsletter below to receive new information we send out. Take care of yourself and your family.
Meanwhile, for our local customers, we are going to try to help get some yarn and needles or needlepoint kits to you the simplest way we know how. This is how it should work:
- You email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org with your email address and phone number.
- We will check to see if we have what you want and either call you or send you an email. I can also text a picture of the yarn or needlepoint that you want, first.
- You can then finalize the order on the phone or online with a credit card.
- Now - here’s the easy part. I will bring your order home and on your way to pick up groceries, you can swing by to pick up your yarn, on the sidewalk by my front door. Just tell me when to put it out.
- I plan to do this several times a week to begin with, and see how it goes.
Remember all you’ve been taught: wash hands, 6 feet clearance, elbow sneezing, and your face - no no, don’t touch.
Take care of yourselves and your loved ones.